To help address the social, economic and environmental challenges facing our business, employees, and clients, now and into the future.
Responsibility is key to our success
Acknowledging our responsibility and making it a part of our DNA broadens our perspective and encourages us to look at how we operate our businesses and the decisions we take, in the best interests of all our stakeholders, the environment and the society we operate in.
In doing so, we can and will make a greater difference and a positive impact as a business every day, and we already have some great foundations and much to be proud of.
Group Chief Executive
How will we achieve this?
At Close Brothers, behaving responsibly is integral to our actions and decision making and this is reflected across the sustainable objectives that we set ourselves as a business:
- Promoting an inclusive culture and supporting new ways of working and social mobility
- Reducing our impact on the environment and responding to the threats and opportunities of climate change
- Promoting financial inclusion, helping borrowers that might be overlooked and enabling savers and investors to access financial markets and advice to plan for their future
- Supporting our customers, clients and partners in the transition towards more sustainable practices
Our commitment to:
- Creating an inclusive environment where all colleagues can thrive
- Ensuring all colleagues feel proud to work for us
- Supporting internal mobility and empowering colleagues with training and development
- Maintaining or improving customer satisfaction scores across our businesses
- Remaining committed to our customer principles that guide our high-quality customer experience and long-term relationships
- Improving our digital capabilities, offering new channels and protecting data
- Engaging with our largest suppliers regularly
- Maintaining CIPS ethical procurement accreditation
- Supporting the ambition of the Paris Agreement of net zero by 2050
- Targeting becoming operationally net zero by 2030 through our scope 1 and 2 emissions
- Working to gain a deeper understanding of our indirect scope 3 emissions to help shape our own transition roadmap towards lower emissions
- Enhancing our Climate disclosures in line with the recommendations of the Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), supporting its aims of market transparency and stability
- Understanding the needs of SMEs and helping them to achieve their ambitions
- Continuing the Close Brothers SME Apprentice Programme
- Supporting social mobility and creating equal opportunities for all
- Continuing our Matched Giving Scheme, matching 50% of funds donated by our employees