Welcome to the Graduate Programme
All applications for this year's graduate programmes have now closed.
Shape your future at Close Brothers
Is expertise, service, relationships, and teamwork important to you?
Are you committed to becoming an expert in your field of interest?
Our graduate programme offers you the opportunity to gain an in depth knowledge of the teams specific to your chosen career path, whilst gaining exposure across our divisions within Banking or Asset Management.
Join Close Brothers and shape your future.
On our graduate programmes you will develop your skills and knowledge through working with high-performing teams and will be supported through a comprehensive induction programme, tailored training and dedicated mentoring.
Working alongside subject matter experts, you will receive guidance and encouragement in a collaborative environment to grow professionally and reach your potential.
You’ll be joining a network of graduates to learn and have fun with, whilst gaining the best practical experience with an opportunity to study towards a professional qualification or accreditation.
Who thrives here
We’re proud of our people whose expertise, passion and willingness to go the extra mile really set us apart. It’s what builds our long-term relationships with clients and customers that stand the test of time.
We are committed to creating an environment where our colleagues feel motivated, proud to work for us and can thrive in an inclusive workplace where we can all reach our full potential.
If you care about delivering excellent service, enjoy building relationships, always act with integrity, and are eager to make an impact in a commercial environment within financial services, we’d love to welcome you onto our 2022/23 programme.
Locations (dependent on role applied for): Central London, Wimbledon, Doncaster, Brighton, Manchester (occasional business travel in the UK required for most roles).
Salary and benefits: £31,500 in year one with an increase to £33,000 in year two. Close Brothers have a competitive benefits package including eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus, season ticket loan, a cycle to work scheme, pension and life assurance.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and have the flexibility for occasional business travel in the UK where required.
Graduate roles on offer
Applications for the below roles are closed for 2022:
- Applications Closed: Technical Finance
- Applications Closed: Treasury
- Applications Closed: Risk & Compliance
- Applications Closed: Group Internal Audit
- Applications Closed: Retail Banking Operations
- Applications Closed: Motor Finance
- Applications Closed: Invoice Finance - Financial Analysis
- Applications Closed: Invoice Finance - Commercial Sales
- Applications Closed: Asset Finance - Sales Operations
- Applications Closed: Asset Management – Advice
- Applications Closed: Asset Management – High Net Worth
- Applications Closed: Asset Management – Marketing
- Applications Closed: Asset Management - BA & Architecture
- Applications Closed: Asset Management - Change Management
- Applications Closed: Asset Management - London Operations
- Applications Closed: Asset Management - Technology
- Applications Closed: Treasury and Savings – Operational Control
- You will have a degree (or will have completed your degree by September 2022)
- Be a good communicator with the ability to build strong and lasting working relationships
- You are comfortable navigating change and managing ambiguity
- You are a quick learner, inquisitive, solution focused with the tenacity to make things happen
- You have excellent written and verbal communication abilities, with high attention to detail
- You are confident to articulate well thought out opinions and views
- You’re able to work on your own initiative with well-developed organisation and time management skills
- Good knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
- An analytical and problem-solving approach.
Diversity and Inclusion
Here at Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. We can offer a collaborative environment with exposure to various working groups, committees, and networks for you to add value to outside of your working role.
Charity & Sustainable work
At Close Brothers, we are committed to supporting charities that are close to our employee’s hearts. Our donations increase year on year thanks to our employee’s fundraising efforts. We continue to seek out new ways to give back as a group and to care for our communities.
Sustainability is fundamental to our purpose, and we recognise that to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive for years to come , we also have a responsibility to help address the social, economic and environmental challenges facing our business, employees and customers, now and into the future.