Welcome to the Graduate Programme
Meet the Close Brothers Graduates
Shape your future at Close Brothers
A number of exciting graduate positions are available at Close Brothers.
Graduates will join specific business departments who will offer tailored training and development opportunities in addition to a bespoke induction programme and mentoring scheme to kick start their chosen career.
Successful applicants will be working alongside business experts and will be part of a team who will help support and guide through practical on the job training. Close Brothers strive to offer all graduates the best experience in their particular area quickly and whilst giving an opportunity to study towards a qualification, either a professional diploma in banking or an accreditation relevant to the business area.
Who are we looking for
Academically applicants need to have obtained/predicted at a minimum 2:1 degree. Degrees in all disciplines are considered however the following subjects are desirable: IT, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Maths and Science. Candidates must have also obtained GCSE grade B in Maths and English Language, and at least 280 UCAS points at A-level/AS Level (not inclusive of general studies).
Business line managers are looking for passionate people, with curiosity and an eagerness to learn. Graduates need to be commercially aware and have a genuine interest to work in the financial services industry. Evidence of initiative, personal drive and ambition are essential to excel within a challenging and fast paced environment.
Locations: Central London or Wimbledon (occasional business travel in the UK required for most roles).
Salary and benefits: £27,000 in year one with an increase to £32,000 in year two. Close Brothers have a competitive benefits package including a cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, pension, life assurance and eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and have the flexibility for occasional business travel in the UK that is required for all roles.
Programmes on offer
- Applications closed: Asset Management - Investments
- Applications closed: Compliance
- Applications closed: Property Finance
- Applications closed: Business Change and Technology
- Applications closed: Risk
- Applications closed: Asset Management - Advice
- Applications closed: Asset Management - Change Management
Key skills and behaviours
- Personal drive and motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities, with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to challenge
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of business software applications such as Microsoft Office
- An analytical and problem solving approach
Unfortunately, we are no longer running the Graduate Programme in 2020.